- Semiconductor memory interfacing,
- dynamic RAM interfacing,
- interfacing I/O ports.
Chapter NO 2: PIO 8255 and its interfacing :-
- The introduction of PIO 8255,
- modes of operation of 8255,
- Interfacing ADC,
- interfacing of DAC,
- stepper motor interfacing,
- control of high power device using 8255
Chapter NO 3: Programmable interval timer, interrupt controller and interfacing:-
- Programmable interval timer: architecture, control word,
- operating modes, programming and
- interfacing of 8253.
- Programmable interrupt controller : architecture and signal description,
- interrupt sequence, command word, operating modes,
- interfacing and programming of 8259.
Chapter NO 4: Keyboard/display controller, communication interface and its interfacing :-
- The keyboard/display controller: architecture, modes of operation, command words,
- interfacing and programming of 9279.
- Programmable communication interface 8251:
- Methods of data communication, architecture and signal description, operating modes,
- interfacing and programming of 8251
Chapter NO 5: DMA , CRT controllers and its interfacing :-
- DMA controller 8257 : internal architecture, data bus buffer, signal description,
- DMA transfers and operations, programming and reading the 8257 registers,
- interfacing 8257 with 8086.
- CRT controller : Internal architecture, signal description, system operation, display formats and operational features,
- command set of 8275 CRT controller,
- programming and interfacing 8275 with 8086
Chapter NO 6: Introduction to programmable :-
- Industrial motor control circuits,
- relay ladder logic circuits,
- building a ladder diagram,
- motor control starter circuit, rack assembly, power supply,
- PLC programming unit, Input / Output sections, Processor unit, Addressing, relationship of data addresses to I/O modules.
Chapter NO 7: Fundamental PLC programming :-
- PLC program execution, ladder diagram programming language,
- ladder diagram programming, relay logic instructions, Timer instructions,
- counter instructions, data manipulation instructions,
- arithmetic operations,
- writing a program.
Chapter NO 9: Advanced programming, PLC interfacing & Troubleshooting :-
- Jump commands, data manipulations,
- discrete input/output modules,
- troubleshooting I/O interfaces, analog input and output signals,
- special purpose modules,
- troubleshooting programmable controllers.
Text Book :
1. Advanced Microprocessors and Peripherals
2. Industrial Electyronics: Circuits, instruments and control techniques,Terry Bartelt